Rio is an open source technology that provides a dynamic framework for developing, deploying and managing distributed systems composed of services.
Rio turns a network of compute resources into a dynamic service, providing a policy based approach for fault detection and recovery, scalability and dynamic deployment. Key to the architecture are a set of dynamic capabilities and reliance on policy-based and SLA mechanisms.
Developing services for use with Rio is simple. Rio provides a non-intrusive model that removes the complexity surrounding service development and deployment. Build your services using Maven and deploy using service artifacts.
Key features include:
- Dynamic architecture for distributed systems
- Built-in fault detection and recovery for your services
- Policy based SLA enforcement
- Support for external systems, encapsulate the control and monitoring of other frameworks
- Built-in support for Maven artifact resolution at deploy time
- Extensible service development & deployment support:
- Maven based artifact resolution
- Integration with Drools for rules based SLA Management