Guide to helping with Rio
As with any open source project, there are several ways you can help:
- Join the mailing list and answer other user's questions
- Report bugs, feature requests and other issues in the issue tracking system.
- Build Rio for yourself, in order to fix bugs.
- Help with the documentation by pointing out areas that are lacking or unclear, and if you are so inclined, submitting patches to correct it. You can quickly contribute rough thoughts to the wiki, or you can volunteer to help collate and organise information that is already there.
Your participation in the community is much appreciated!
Why Would I Want to Help?
There are several reasons these are good things.
- By answering other people's questions, you can learn more for yourself
- By submitting your own fixes, they get incorporated faster
- By reporting issues, you ensure that bugs don't get missed, or forgotten
- You are giving back to a community that has given you software for free